You will need the following information to complete a CAPS Check request:
- Employer information
- Employer name
- CAPS Check employer ID
- Requestor information
- Requestor name
- Requestor title
- Requestor phone number
- Requestor email address
- Applicant/potential employee information
- First, middle and last name
- Maiden name/previous names/alias
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- DORA license number if applicable
- Five-year address history
- Personal phone number
- Personal email address
*Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, please submit all requests via the online tool.
If you do not have access to submit an online request, you may submit the paper form. Please note that this will result in long processing delays.
It is illegal to request a CAPS Check on current or potential residents of a care facility.
You will need one of the following to complete a CAPS Check request:
- Credit card — We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
- Bank account — Transfer funds electronically from your account via ACH/EFT payment.
- Gov2Go Pay — Use this third-party payment system where you can store your payment information for future use. This is particularly helpful if your agency has more than one person requesting CAPS Checks.